- General Partner, Pitango Venture Capital Fund
- Ruti Alon is a General Partner at Pitango. Her investment focus is high-tech medical and Life Sciences startups.
- Ruti previously held senior positions at Montgomery Securities and Kidder Peabody & Co.
- Ruti established ILSI, Israel Life Science Industry, in 2005. ILSI is a non-profit representing the mutual goals of approximately 700 Israeli life science companies, now merged with HTIA to form IATI (Israel Advanced Technologies Industries)
- She is the Chairperson of the Boards of BioControl and BrainsGate. In addition, she is a Member of the Boards of Apos Therapy, Carbofix Orthopedics and Vascular Biogenics (VBL).
- Ruti previously served on the Boards of ColBar, acquired by Johnson& Johnson, Disc-O-Tech (acquired by Kyphon) and Ventor (acquired by Medtronic (NYSE: MDT))
- Ruti has a B.A. in Economics from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, an M.B.A. from Boston University, and an M.S. from the Columbia University School of Physicians and Surgeons.