- Head of the Life Sciences Sector at the Israel Innovation Authority
- Ora Dar is the Head of the Life Sciences Sector at the Israel Innovation Authority (formally the Office of the Chief Scientist at the Israeli Ministry of economy).
- Being the head of the sector, Dr. Dar leads a team of experts, and is in charge of the evaluations of all projects in the field of Life Sciences that are submitted to the Israel Innovation Authority various grant programs.
- Dr. Dar is also responsible for defining and implementing tools and new programs required for supporting R&D in Life Sciences companies, and for enhancing the technology transfer between the Academia and the Industry. This has lead to the initiation and maturation of several viable programs such as, funding academic applied research, dedicated scheme for biotechnology incubator(s), platforms that enable collaboration with global Life Sciences companies, tools for upgrading infrastructures, National Tissue Bank and a special government backed Bio VC Fund.
- Previously Dr. Dar spent 16 years in academic research (mostly at the Weizmann Institute of Science), has industry experience, and served 10 years as a consultant to venture capital and investment firms as well as foreign funds.
- Dr. Dar is a medical sciences graduate of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and holds a Ph.D. from the University of London, UK (St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine).