- M.D., President Medegenesis
- Ascher Shmulewitz is a physician and scientist. Dr. Shmulewitz graduated (cum laude) from the Israel Institute of Technology, and while in clinical training, he received a PhD in Engineering from Tel-Aviv University.
- Between 1983- 1997, Dr. Shmulewitz practiced Medicine (Cardiology) and was in academic positions in Israel and in the US.
- Between 1989-2002, Dr. Shmulewitz held senior executive at Advanced Technology Laboratories, a subsidiary of Westmark (Squibb), the largest medtech holding company on the US West Coast.
- In 1996, Dr. Shmulewitz co-founded San Francisco Science and the Incumed Group (a West Coast (Seattle and San Francisco) based seed investment group.
- Dr. Shmulewitz is a prolific inventor and has originated over two dozen Life Science companies including NeoVision, Labcoat, Arteria, Circulation, X-Cardia , and others. Over half the companies he originated or organized have complete trade sales with large medical device companies like Edwards, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Boston Scientific, US Surgical/Tyco, and Imagyn.
- Dr. Shmulewitz relocated to Israel in 2002, and founded Medgenesis Partners, a private incubator based in Tel-Aviv.