- Managing Director MEDX Associates LLC
- David S. Frank, Ph. D. has over 44 years experience in health care.
- Following two years on the faculty of SUNY Downstate Medical Center, he joined the nascent project group at Eastman Kodak Company which was tasked with developing clinical diagnostic tests in a coated, thin-film format. As a scientist and group leader there he focused on thin-film immunoassay and cellular assays, and was awarded 10 patents by the US PTO.
- Leaving R&D in 1981, he spent the next 14 years at Kodak is a series of more responsible positions in international marketing and strategic planning. They included: The launch of thin film products in Japan, Regional Business General Manager of the Asia, Africa and Australasia Business Unit, and management of the highly profitable, $80 MM, point-of-care diagnostics business. In that role he negotiated Kodak’s strategic alliance with IDEXX which leveraged the human IVD line into the veterinary market.
- After the sale of the Kodak Diagnostic business to Johnson & Johnson in late 1994, he became Executive Director Business Development at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics and consummated over 50 deals– acquisitions, divestitures, in- and out- licenses. Most notable was the strategic alliance with IMMUNICON that spring- boarded the Veridex subsidiary in cellular oncology. He also liaised with J&J businesses in medical devices (Cordis, Ethicon) and with the Consumer franchise.
- Since founding MEDx Associates LLC in 2007, he developed a diverse client base located in the US, Canada, Europe and Israel.
- Since its inception, he has lectured at the LAHAV-Tel Aviv University ‘bootstrap’ course for biomed-biotech entrepreneurs, and has lectured to the doctoral students at Tuoro School of Pharmacy
- He holds a BS in Chemistry from the University of Pennsylvania and a Ph. D. in Biochemistry from Cornell University.
- During 1971 and 1972 he was an Instructor in Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
- He is Executive Chairman of the Board-Nehora Photonics Ltd. And an executive at Opticul Diagnostics.